Have you also been dreading that time of the year when you have to pull out warm coats, wool hats and boots from your wardrobe?
Somedays, I do feel like staying in bed and ignore the rain and cold completely for the next few months. But I do not do that because I am not a hibernating species.
So I do put on my warm coat and boots and head out. This is when I realise there are some very pretty colours out there. And it makes it much more enjoyable then to come back in a warm apartment or house.
I also do things like adding colours to those dull days and doing things that cheer me up. Here is a small list of nice things to do to make some gloomy days more enjoyable:
- make yourself a hot chocolate and add in some cheeky marshmallows that will melt. But not any marshmallows: those cool dip-dyed ones. I made them at a family reunion in France recently, they were very popular.
- watch a quirky little movie like this one called Butter.
- listen to some lively music once a day, even if it is just one song.
- cook with some lovely seasonal ingredients and end up with a lovely comforting dish such as this beautiful mushroom soup by La Domestique.
- go for a walk and take some photos of unusual colourful things hidden in the autumnal landscape.
What do you do to cheer yourself up when days are dull? Do you cook anything special or very colourful?