This week, I turned another year old! I took a day off for the occasion and was gifted many lovely things such as lunch and dinner out, a visit to the Irish Museum of Modern Art to see an exhibition about Mary Swanzy, going to the cinema and this beautiful Winter bouquet above. And guess what! Do you remember last week when I mentioned my favourite type of birthday cake would consist of a delicious cheese platter? I also got this as a gift, how wonderful!
As well as all the celebrating, I collected a few interesting things for you to look at this weekend:
- This magic sauce recipe looks really perfect and something I know I would use on a lot of dishes.
- These Hawaiian barbecue pork buns sound delicious and made me feel quite hungry.
- My friend Ketty started a new column and I look forward to reading the Gastronomic Digest weekly and learning more about the culinary world.
- If one of your 2019 goals is to declutter your home, I find that the program Tidying with Marie Kondo on Netflix is full of ideas on how to get started.
- 'Something in the Water'* by Catherine Steadman is a suspenseful thriller that I could not put down and meant I ended up reading late at night so I could finish it.
- One of my birthday gifts this week was going to the cinema to watch the film 'The Favourite'. What a very entertaining period drama. Plus, Olivia Colman's performance is just wonderful.