It is delicious and indulgent, a perfect sweet treat to enjoy one at a time (or two or three really... who is counting when it comes to cookies). Scroll past the next image for the recipe.
Do you enjoy baking cookies?
What are your favourite flavour combinations?
Ingredients (make 12 cookies)
130g softened unsalted butter
80g caster sugar
120g light muscovado sugar
190g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
130g blanched pistachios
200g chopped white chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C (160˚C fan). Place the pistachios on a baking tray on the middle shelf of the oven and roast for 10 minutes. After cooking, let them cool down completely.
2. Cream the softened butter and the sugars together in a large baking bowl until it is light and fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla extract.
3. Stir in the plain flour, bicarbonate of soda and fine sea salt until it is well incorporated in the dough. Chop roughly 100g of the roasted pistachios and mix in until well distributed. Cover the bowl and put the dough to chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 190˚C (170˚C fan). Line two baking trays with parchment (or cook in two batches if you only have one tray). Scoop the dough with an ice cream scoop onto the baking tray (6 scoops per tray) making sure to leave enough space in between to allow for the cookies to spread. Place on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the edges are lightly brown.
5. Take the tray out and leave the cookies on it for 10 minutes then transfer them onto a wire rack to cool down completely.
6. Chop finely the remaining 30g of roasted pistachios and set aside. Place a large piece of baking paper on a flat surface.
Put the chopped white chocolate in a medium-size heatproof baking bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (the water should not touch the bowl so make sure the bowl is larger than the saucepan). Leave on a low heat until the chocolate has melted.
7. Delicately dip half a pistachio cookie into the melted white chocolate and place on the baking paper. Sprinkle with a bit of finely chopped roasted pistachios. Repeat with all the cookies. Leave to set at room temperature for an hour.
Keep the cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days.