But once you get to have it in your own kitchen and can use a spoon, what a wonderful fruit it is! I love eating pomegranate seeds in salads, they are so perfect for it with their tangy and sweet flavour. They are also wonderful with desserts or just plain and coated in dark chocolate.
And now, imagine how refreshing it is in a lovely soft drink when Ireland is giving us amazing days of heat and sunshine!
I will not give you here the whole story about elderflower as I think a lot of people have already done so. However, if you wanted to make a cordial or syrup by yourself, here is a good recipe for elderflower syrup.
I think the fragrance of elderflower cordial in a drink is heavenly. At least once a day, I go and open the bottle of cordial, close my eyes and smell the beautiful perfume that escapes from it.
I first tried the recipe for this lovely pomegranate and elderflower soft drink a few weeks ago to bring at this cute little one's first birthday party. I thought it was about time I share it with you all!
And apart from enjoying the beautiful Irish weather and sipping my delicious new drink, here are a few things that have occupied my days recently:
- a beautiful weekend away in County Carlow.
- this video of the Mobile Mini Circus for Children in Afghanistan that moved me but also made me so happy.
- a fantastic Bastille Day picnic in the company of lovely friends, including Ketty of French Foodie in Dublin and Laura of The Dublin Diary. So much amazing French food!
- meeting with Jessica of La Domestique, who recently moved to Ireland from Colorado, have a walk through the streets of Dublin and sample some delicious Irish food together.
- guest posting in the gorgeous lifestyle blog Honeysuckle Life with a recipe for a raspberry and white chocolate clafoutis.
- planning a few visits ideas for when our Australian friends are visiting in less than a month.
Now, let's enjoy the sun and refresh ourselves with a lovely pomegranate and elderflower soft drink!